Limiting beliefs are holding you back. You want to eliminate them and substitute these beliefs with empowering ones in order to release yourself.
You will be happier and your journey in life will be much easier.
Before you can get rid of your limiting beliefs, you’ll need to know what they look like.
The list below will give you ideas on how limiting beliefs present themselves and how you can replace them with empowering ones.
This content may have affiliate links. For more information, please read the affiliate disclosure.
Limiting beliefs about what you have or haven’t
I don’t have the education.
- I know more than an education can ever teach me!
- “The great end of life is not knowledge but action.” – Thomas Henry Huxley
- Big achievers did it without any education. – So can I!
- I am independent and committed to learn for life which is far more than an education can ever teach me.
I don’t have the ability.
- I can learn anything if I am committed.
- No one is born with any ability. Everything is learnt.
- I meet every situation being convinced I am its master.
- “Capacity is a state of mind. How much we do depends on how much we think we can do. When you really believe you can do more, your mind thinks creatively and shows you the way.” – David J. Schwartz, “The Magic of Thinking Big”
I don’t have the time.
- Everyone has the same amount of time available. It is a simple feat of managing it properly.
- I have as much time as I am committed to have.
- I am able to prioritize and master my time so that it serves me and my needs.
- I am able to make the most of my time.
I don’t have the resources.
- I am resourceful and able to get the resources I need.
- I don’t need any resources! All I need is the power within myself that I am able to unleash.
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
I don’t have enough energy.
- I have as much energy as I am committed to have.
- I wake up each morning feeling vibrant and excited, if I choose to.
- When I am focusing on the existing excitement of every day, then I am able to start each day with an abundance of energy.
I don’t have the money.
- I have as much money as I am committed to make.
- I am able to make as much money as I need.
I am born in the wrong environment.
- My environment doesn’t matter. My dedication is much stronger and I have the fuel to get where I want to be.
- I can achieve what I want to achieve as long as my heart beats for it, independent of any circumstances.
- I am able to support myself.
Limiting beliefs about what we are and aren’t
I am not good enough. I am not smart enough.
- I am as good and smart as I think I am and – I am convinced I am great.
- Being good and smart is relative and depends on every situation. It’s not what I am!
I am not a business person.
- I am the most incredible business person as long as I am committed to doing what it takes.
- Being a business person involves a set of skills anyone can learn.
I am shy.
- “My confidence is unshakable because I live with integrity.” Tony Robbins, Personal Power II
- I know I am doing the right thing and this gives me pure confidence.
- Being shy is a feeling. I am master of my feelings and won’t let my identity be defined by them.
- It always depends on situations, but not on me in particular.
- Shyness is not an identity, but a poor comfort zone I am able to break out of.
I am too old.
- Experience is power. I have much more experience than others.
- Experience is a huge advantage.
I am who I am and can’t change it.
- I am who I am committed to be.
- It’s my decision to be exactly who I want to be.
- “We can change our lives. We can do, have and be exactly what we wish.” Tony Robbins
My mum is …, my dad is …, I am …
- Inheritance is an excuse!
- My traits and abilities are independent from my parents’ ones.
- It is my choice and not a fact of inheritance.
It was always this way. I was always unathletic.
- “The past does not equal the future.” Tony Robbins
- I am able to change as long as I have the drive and follow through.
Limiting beliefs about what we can and can’t
I can’t be good at everything.
- I can consciously choose what I am going to be good at! It can be anything, if I am committed to learn and master it.
- Over time I can be good at everything I want to as long as I have the passion to take action.
It’s too difficult – I can’t do it.
- “There is always a way – if I am committed.” Tony Robbins
- I can accomplish anything in life. All the power I need lies within myself!
- Challenges are the greatest good on earth. They will enhance and enlighten my life.
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Lao Tzu
I can’t do it because I am a woman.
- It’s a cliché! I can do what I want to do, independent from my gender.
- Being a woman has many advantages.
I can’t find out what I really want. I don’t know what my passion is.
- I already know what I want. I just need to find it in my mind.
- My feelings will guide me easily, if I am going to trust them.
Limiting beliefs about life in general
Having more responsibility means I’ll miss out on life.
- Responsibility is power.
- Responsibility is freedom and flexibility.
- Responsibility makes life easier.
Money is not for everyone.
- Everyone has as much money as he or she feels comfortable with.
- Money exists in abundance for everyone.
Good judgement (doubt) saves me from failures and mistakes.
- Doubt is robbing my excitement, the fuel of my life.
- Doubt is holding me back from my dreams.
- Doubt creates ultimate failure as I won’t follow my dreams.
Dreams need to be realistic in order to avoid disappointments.
- Dreams need to be big in order to unleash the excitement that is guiding myself through life.
- Being realistic is boring.
- Realistic ‘dreams’ are no dreams!
Mistakes are negative. They are the first sign of inability and failure.
- “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” Robert Francis Kennedy
- There is no failure in life, just learning and growing.
- Ultimate failure is to not follow through because of fear
- A mistake is a result – the result of a learning process.
- Without mistakes, no growth. Without growth, no success.
- Mistakes are the greatest teachers in life.
- “Your best teacher is your last mistake.” Ralph Nader
This comprehensive list is full of possible ideas on how limiting beliefs present themselves. Did you recognize some thoughts? I did!
If you are now eager to find your limiting beliefs, then you can replace them with empowering ones. This is going to influence your life massively in a positive direction.